You can now enroll students online for the current or upcoming school year.
Use the Online Registration Tool to register your child.
Once enrollment has been completed, email the following documents to RooseveltHS@fresnounified.org. If you are unable to email the documents, you may bring hard copies to the Main Office. Please note: A provisional enrollment will be in place until required documents are received. Student registration is not complete until all documents are received.
Proof of Age
Presented in the form of one of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Previous School Records
- Health Office or Vital Statistics or Welfare Department record of birth date
- Affidavit of physician attending birth, hospital record of birth, or affidavit by parents/guardians (notarized)
- Court decree establishing date and place of birth
- Record of birth, baptismal or other church record
- Adoption papers
- Immigration certificate
Please note: An affidavit will be used, when none of the foregoing is obtainable, and can be provided at the Department of Prevention and Intervention/Project Access Office, 1350 M. Street, Bldg. A, Phone: 457-3343.
Proof of Residency
Established with one of the following:
- Current property tax payment receipt
- Rent/lease/motel receipt on letterhead
- Recent utility service payment receipt
- Receipt for utility turn-on
- Monthly mortgage statement
- Declaration of Residency
- Voluntary inspection of residence by school district personnel
Please note: If a minor is living with someone other than parent or legal guardian, please provide the following documents:
- Caregiver’s Affidavit: Dept of Prevention and Intervention/Project ACCESS, 1350 M. Street, Bldg. B, Phone: 457-3359
Note: A Caregiver’s Affidavit is usually not approved when the parent is living in Fresno, however, special familiy circumstances may prevail.
- Documented Child Protective Services placement
- Documented Foster or Group Home placement
Proof of Immunization and Physical Examination Requirements
Immunizations – all student must present an up-to-date immunization record prior to attending school.
Students who do not meet the immunization requirements as determined by the State of California will be referred to their primary health care provider or local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), like: Clinica Sierra Vista, Family Healthcare Network, Valley Health Team, United Health Center.
Effective January 1, 2016, Personal Beliefs Exemptions will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school in California. Personal beliefs exemptions filed at a school before January 1, 2016 will remain valid until the student enrolls in the next grade span (7th grade through 12th grade).
A temporary or permanent Medical Examination to one or more of the immunizations may be granted with a signed note from a health care provider.
TB Risk Assessment
FCDPH Recommendation 12/2016: All students new to the district need to have a risk assessment done. If risk assessment is positive, student will be required to submit results of a negative skin test/bloodwork. If skin test/bloodwork is positive, student will be required to submit a negative chest x-ray report from their medical provider before attending school.
Foster, group home, and homeless youth students are registered with or without a fully documented immunization record. The school nurse should be notified to follow-up with the student.
More information about Immunizations:
- Fresno County Health Department immunizations – (559) 600-3550
- Fresno Unified Student Health Center immunizations to FUSD students – (559) 457-3294
Additional Registration Information
- If your child is currently receiving special education services, contact the FUSD Special Education Dept at (559) 457-3220
- Please provide all previous school transcripts or recent report card, as well as drop/withdrawal form and grades from previous school
- Home Language Survey
Students may be enrolled or dropped on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. with a parent or guardian present. The same items listed above must be presented upon registration.